The first volume of Strictly (Mining) Boardroom was so well received that Allan Trench was easily persuaded to compile a second volume, this time with the help of John Sykes. With the punchy subtitle of “A Practitioner’s Guide for Next Generation Directors”, the new book contains a comprehensive set of information and insights for current and future industry decision-makers, delivered in a refreshing easy-to-read style.
The range of topics covered include:
- mining excellence, innovation and future thinking
- exploration and mineral economics
- team-working and gender balance
- mining and economic development
- political risk, the downturn
- and much, much more.
Readers are asked, for example, to consider conundrums throughout the book:
- Why, for example is there no clear sector leader in terms of operating excellence – a form of ‘Toyota of Mining’?
- Similarly, why is there not as yet an ‘Apple of Mining’ renowned for repeated business innovation?
Few in the sector have begun to ask such questions.