Secure your investment gains and supercharge your results with this down-to-earth analysis of investing fundamentals
Via powerful and unique insights, Ignore the Hype: Financial Strategies Beyond the Media-Driven Mayhem teaches readers how to keep their focus squarely on time-tested strategies for meeting their financial goals without getting distracted by a constant barrage of news headlines.
The book takes a common-sense approach to the financial world that’s ideally suited to the everyday investor. It covers topics including:
- How to avoid competing against hedge funds in a game they’ve rigged
- What you can do today to avoid taxes tomorrow
- Wall Street’s Dirty Secret: Forecasting is just guessing
- Why some of your investments have worse odds than a casino game
- How the media circus can derail your financial plans
- Surviving a world where financial advisors don’t have to act in your best interest
Ignore the Hype emphasizes the difference between short-term trading and long-term investing, how to filter the constant onslaught of information coming your way from every angle and separate the valuable content from the noise, and how to build a foundation for investment success based on common sense and academic research.